With so many new variables and shifting dynamics in the industry, now more than ever we understand that everyone needs a customised service. To find you the right talent as quickly as possible we offer three basic starting points from which to build your own personal recruitment solution:
Contingency Search and Contingency Plus
A Contingency Search is typically used to fill junior to middle management positions on an ad hoc basis. For larger scale recruitment projects we have created a contingency plus service.
Contingency Search includes:
- A quick and responsive service using our extensive database
- Online advertisements on our website and if appropriate relevant partner websites
- A responsive end to end solution with an experienced team of recruitment professionals
- A dedicated recruitment consultant
Contingency Plus includes (in addition to the above):
- Full project management for three or more roles for an agreed period of time
- A nominal up front project fee allows us to offer a reduced preferential fee on each successful placement
- Regular updates either on email or by phone on the status of each role
- A service to interview and manage direct candidates
- A dedicated senior recruitment consultant supported by junior resource.
Executive Search (retained)
A retained Executive Search offers a highly focused solution, offering broad ranging search methodology including attracting more senior candidates who may not actively be in the marketplace.
With this method in particular we understand each client has different requirements and may also wish to change the brief as the search unfolds. To reflect this we have created a range of pricing models: we would be happy to discuss these options after an initial briefing to identify the best methodology for your needs.
What does a retained search offer?
- A proactive approach and extensive research to provide an appropriate selection of highly qualified candidates.
- An active search to seek new candidates who may not be accessible via conventional recruitment methods
- Highly discreet approaches are made to protect the confidentiality of both parties. It’s a small “big industry” and discretion is paramount
- A full service screening of all candidates, including internal and direct applicants
- Objective and unbiased advice on all candidates
- A dedicated search team including Managing Director or Associate Director – with a support team
The Flex-Exec Register
Flexibility – can you live without it?
In today’s recruitment market the hiring of interim and flexible executives is very much part of the Executive Recruitment landscape. Research shows that half of working adults would like more flexibility in their work life for a variety of reasons.
Today’s employers must have the ability to organise their talent pool in line with market trends and they increasingly recognise the need to hire the skills they want, when they want them, for the length of time they need.
What is the FlexExec Register?
- A register of experienced travel professionals who are available for Interim, Project and Non-Exec roles either on a full-time, part-time or contract basis
- A source of talented travel experts at all levels to cover every eventuality from maternity cover to long term sickness
- Support and advice on start-up, during significant market change or for ongoing ‘wise owl’ input
- High-level strategic input on the development of a company’s business plan
- Change management and business process re-engineering
I am happy to recommend the recruitment services provided by HARP wallen. Having used them for a number of years I have always found them to be very focused on understanding the clients needs and requirements. As a consequence they search out and present highly suitable and relevant candidates in a timely manner. I would have no hesitation in recommending them for further work. Clive Tilley – Commercial Director at Wightlink Ferries
Kristina Wallen, Managing Director
After nine enjoyable years setting up and establishing an executive recruitment business dedicated to the travel and hospitality sectors Kristina was approached by the design and advertising company HARP in 1995 to join the Board and set up a new recruitment division to support their plans to be a “one stop shop” to the travel industry.
HARP wallen executive travel recruitment & search rapidly became the leading boutique recruiter to the travel, hospitality and tourism markets in which it specialised and following a rapid period of expansion Kristina led an MBO in 2000 at which time HARP wallen was established as an independent executive recruitment company. As well as playing a key part in the ongoing development of the business Kristina undertakes retained search and consultancy assignments as well as project managing large recruitment campaigns for the company’s international client portfolio. Recently she was named one of the top 60 most influential women in the travel industry at the Association for Women Travel Executives 60 for 60 awards.
In addition to her responsibilities at HARP wallen, Kristina is an active trustee of the Family Holiday Association – a charity about which she cares very much. Outside work Kristina’s interests include walking in general but particularly with the dogs, supporting rugby and cricket – a passion for wine, cooking, friends and all things fun.
Three random facts about Kristina:
- Born and raised in Penang, Malaysia
- Loves curry and all Asian food and even got married in an Indian restaurant
- Received a B in needlework in O’level
Judith Roberts, Associate Director
Judith joined HARP wallen in 1998 and, as Associate Director, takes responsibility for managing key client relationships and assignments at middle and senior management levels, whilst contributing to the ongoing success of the business as a whole. After graduating in Sociology from Leeds University, Judith’s earlier career spanned a number of travel sectors, working for GB airways, Norwegian Cruise Line and Westin Hotels & Resorts, where she developed her sales and account management skills within the corporate, leisure and MICE segments, before entering the world of recruitment.
Time outside HARP wallen is mainly taken up with a busy family life, and Judith enjoys long walks in the countryside, cooking for family and friends, travelling (when time permits) and voluntary coaching work at her local athletics club.
Three random facts about Judith:
- Currently learning to play the Ukulele in the spirit of self-improvement
- Keen interest in all things sporting, once a competitor, now limited to coaching and spectating
- Survived being bitten by a snake in the Australian outback
Sue Marchant, Senior Account Executive
Sue joined HARP wallen in February 2016 as a Senior Account Executive. She has many years of experience working in international travel and is now returning to full time employment after a career break. Sue was at the forefront of the online travel revolution, working with a travel technology company that pioneered the concept of dynamic packaging.
Originally from Chicago, Illinois she moved to the UK for a post-graduate programme. Now settled here for over 20 years she has experience across many sectors and roles within the travel industry.
Three random facts about Sue:
- Spent a month in France as a 10 year old on an international exchange programme
- Spent a month hitchhiking around Turkey with her husband
- Grew up in the same neighborhood as Hilary Clinton outside of Chicago
Welcome to Our World
When it comes to the travel and tourism industry trust us when we say we have been living and breathing it for long enough to know our way around. For over 20 years we have seen new opportunities consistently emerging in all sectors of the industry. We love change and there has never been a more exciting time for us to introduce you to our way of thinking about recruitment.
Off the beaten track:
Everyone has their own personality and agenda so why settle for a cut and paste solution? There is nothing we like less than the phrase ‘one size fits all’, and we are always looking for new and creative ways of finding a solution that is tailored to your individual needs. At HARP wallen this lies at the core of everything we do.
By working with only a few clients at one time, we make sure that our consultants have enough room to do what they do best: exploring all possible solutions to find the one that suits you best.
A people business:
If there’s one thing we love as much as travel it is meeting new and talented people – and that is exactly what we have been doing for the last 20 years. We have built and fostered a global network of like-minded individuals who keep us right on the pulse with the latest career opportunities and candidates from around the world.
Having this talent and information at our fingertips is what gives us the edge when it comes to making the best opportunities available to you in this fast paced industry.
A truthful and honest outlook:
By now you can probably tell that we are passionate about what we do and we like to make the recruitment process as fun and enjoyable as possible. While this is all true, we wouldn’t be where we are today without the trust and continual endorsement of the people we work with.
Our clients and candidates come to us first because they know we are constantly striving for excellent standards and we are committed to the highest levels of professionalism. They trust us because we have a proven track record of providing an honest, prompt and reliable service.
Whether you are scouting for the perfect person to match your new business opportunity or ready to take the next step in your career, nothing gives us more satisfaction than getting talent where it needs to go.
I was recommended to HARP wallen back in 2013 and I have to say, they are one of the finest travel recruitment companies I have come across. Often job hunting can be a challenging time, but the personable and friendly team at HARP wallen are always on hand; keeping you very much in mind for any suitable roles that arise. They consistently find roles that not only match your skills set, but attributes of your personality too. Their extensive knowledge of the industry and attention to detail is a cut above the rest, so if you’re looking for the next step in your travel career, then HARP wallen is the way forward!
Marketing Executive for a Travel Media Company